Bookings & Inquiry
India : +91 98 308308 03
Home base : Zürich, Switzerland
Heidelberg, Germany / 22-24 Feb, 2018
Chhandak Pradhan (b. 1985) is an interdisciplinary designer and educator based between Switzerland and India. Driven by journalism and design research, he explores new media, generative art and spatial thinking to design effective communication strategies.
Chhandak received a Konrad Adenauer Fellowship in 2011 to study Photojournalism at Ateneo de Manila University’s prestigious Asian Center for Journalism. Before which he majored in Accountancy and Finance and completed his M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication from The University of Calcutta.
Few chance encounters and internships later, Chhandak now talks about himself in third person and uses data, words, sound, photography, video, illustration, graphics, algorithms, electronics and spaces to tell stories.
After a three-and-a-half year stint as guest faculty at the Fashion Communication department of the National Institute of Fashion Technology’s (NIFT) Kolkata campus, Chhandak is currently pursuing his second M.A. from Zürcher Hochschule der Künste (ZHdK) in Design with a specialisation in Communication.
+ peep inside Chhandak's bag / download Chhandak's c-vitae
Awards & Honours
- Sony World Photography Awards : Save The Children Photo Competition- Finalist
- MFI Yes Bank National Press Photo Contest - Honourable mention, Art and Culture
- Nominated for World Press Photo's The Joop Swart Masterclass
- Forward Thinking Museum : JGS Quarterly Photography Contest- Third quarter winner
- BINUS International Photo Competition- Second prize, Student category
- Media Foundation of India National Press Photo Contest- Honourable mention, Daily Life (Singles)
- Invited for Angkor Photo Workshop in Siem Reap, Cambodia as one of the 29 emerging photographers from Asia
Sony World Photography Awards exhibition. Somerset House / London, UK
Lipstick Men. Delhi Photo Festival [Digital Exhibition]. India Habitat Centre / New Delhi, India
Clients & Publications
BBC, Financial Times, Le Monde, Forbes, Marie Claire, British Council, Deutsche Bank, ThyssenKrupp AG, Stop TB (Italy), Save The Children (UK), Rotary International, BBC Good Food, Asian Paints, Ambuja Neotia, Without A Trace (Sweden), American Jewish World Service, International Water Management Institute, Open Magazine, Femina, The Indian Express, The Times of India, Elle Decor, Digital Photographer (Philippines), Yale Journal of International Affairs, The Telegraph.