Bookings & Inquiry
India : +91 98 308308 03
Chhandak Pradhan is a born-again communication designer based out of Calcutta, India. He dabbles in photography, content strategy, creative direction, information architecture, graphic design, data visualisation and films. Yet journalism remains his first love.
He received a Konrad Adenauer Fellowship in 2011 to study Photojournalism at Ateneo de Manila University’s prestigious Asian Center for Journalism. Before which he majored in Accountancy and Finance and completed his M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication from The University of Calcutta.
Few chance encounters and internships later, Chhandak now talks about himself in third person and specialises in fashion films, corporate TVCs, editorial portraits, reportage, food, architecture & fashion photography, research & translation for video productions along with writing features and conducting photography & visual literacy workshops.
He is currently a guest faculty at the Fashion Communication program of National Institute of Fashion Technology [NIFT], Calcutta. Available for assignments in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore & Guwahati, India and Muscat, Oman.
Awards & Honours
- Sony World Photography Awards : Save The Children Photo Competition- Finalist
- MFI Yes Bank National Press Photo Contest - Honourable mention, Art and Culture
- Nominated for World Press Photo's The Joop Swart Masterclass
- Forward Thinking Museum : JGS Quarterly Photography Contest- Third quarter winner
- BINUS International Photo Competition- Second prize, Student category
- Media Foundation of India National Press Photo Contest- Honourable mention, Daily Life (Singles)
- Invited for Angkor Photo Workshop in Siem Reap, Cambodia as one of the 29 emerging photographers from Asia
Sony World Photography Awards exhibition. Somerset House / London, UK
Lipstick Men. Delhi Photo Festival [Digital Exhibition]. India Habitat Centre / New Delhi, India
Clients & Publications
BBC, Financial Times, Le Monde, Forbes, Marie Claire, British Council, Deutsche Bank, ThyssenKrupp AG, Stop TB (Italy), Save The Children (UK), Rotary International, BBC Good Food, Asian Paints, Ambuja Neotia, Without A Trace (Sweden), American Jewish World Service, International Water Management Institute, Open Magazine, Femina, The Indian Express, The Times of India, Elle Decor, Digital Photographer (Philippines), Yale Journal of International Affairs, The Telegraph.